Mync | Manual
Registering Catalog/Smart Catalog to Bin
Registering to Bin from Source Browser
Catalogs and smart catalogs created with Mync can be registered to the EDIUS bin from the source browser of EDIUS.
1) Create a catalog or smart catalog on Mync, and register clips.
2) Start up EDIUS and create a project.
3) Click the [Mync] tree in the folder view of the source browser.
To update the information of Mync, right-click [Mync] and click [Refresh].
4) Click the [Catalog] or [Smart Catalog] tree.
The catalogs or smart catalogs created with Mync will be displayed in the folder view.
5) Right-click the catalog or smart catalog, and click [Add to Bin].
[Mync] is created in the folder view of the bin, under which [Catalog] or [Smart Catalog] is created. In each folder, a folder named after the imported catalog or smart catalog is created. Clicking a folder that has a name of the catalog or smart catalog displays the sources in the clip view.
If you right-click the catalog or smart catalog and then click [Add and Transfer to Bin], data transfer to the PC will be started in the background at the same time that the clip is registered to the bin.
Importing XML File and Registering to Bin
By exporting a catalog created with Mync in the XML format and then importing it to EDIUS, you can register the clips that have been registered to Mync to the bin of EDIUS.
1) Create a catalog with Mync, and register clips.
2) Right-click on the catalog, and click [Export Catalog] → [FCP XML] or [FCP XML and media files].
3) Select the saving destination of the XML file and sources, and click [Save].
If [FCP XML] is selected, XML files are created in the specified destination.
If [FCP XML and media files] is selected, XML files are created and the sources are copied in the specified destination.
4) Start up EDIUS and create a project.
5) Click the [Open Project] list button on the timeline.
6) Click [Import Project] → [FCP XML].
7) Select an XML file in the [Project Importer (FCP XML)] dialog box, and click [Open].
The XML file is imported. [Mync Catalog] is created in the folder view of the bin, and a folder with the name of the imported catalog is created under that folder. Clicking the folder displays the sources in the clip view.
If the [Restore and transfer clip] selection dialog box appears, restore offline clips using EDIUS.
Basic and Standard versions available Download the Basic version free for a limited time!
We have prepared two versions of Mync. The Basic version can be used by a wide range of individual users and the Standard version has advanced functions that enable use even in professional production environments. Right now, the Basic version can be downloaded for free. Please experience the ease-of-use provided by Mync before this offer ends in 06 2017.